Episode 03: Pitch Perfect

Hey Hey fellow More-Than-One-Thing’ers,

Pitch perfect is here, and as promised here’s the resource to go with it. I’ve created a group and given access to all the members, so technically all ANDies should be able to view it no problems.

In the podcast I refer to an article and the tips shared. You can read the article here.

One of you asked me a great question, so I thought I’d share it here for everyone:

Question: “Do pitches have to be decks? (aka slides)”
Short answer: No
Long answer: Research the recipient thoroughly and go with the format you think will be best suited for them, it may be a one page pdf, or even a short video. Ultimately you want to improve the chances of getting their attention and keeping their attention. Whichever format you choose, make sure you’re engaging.
Have a listen and let me know your thoughts? Anything you’d add? Or any tried and tested methods you’d like to share? Remember you can also contribute to the podcast by dropping me a voice message. Click here if you’d like to share your story with me.

Enjoyy

Please note:

This is a private podcast, exclusive to “All-Access” + “ANDie TLC” community members. A portion of the podcast is free to listen to for all listeners.
If you’d like to become a member and access to the full episode click here

• non-members can listen to the episode here.
  • ANDies (members) can listen via your private RSS feed, which you can find here.

Feedback

Please let me know on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being poor and 5 being great how well this content performed within the specified categories below.

Relevance (to your needs/interests)

0 voters

Information (how informative was the post)

0 voters

Would you recommend this post to a friend?
  • No
  • Yes

0 voters

1 Like

Unfortunately I am not getting access to the resources probably same problem we had in our session lol anyway I’ve sent a request

No worries, I’ve updated the group with your other email. You should now have access :+1:t4:

This was SO insightful! Just to be clear: pitching is synonymous with proposals, or am I way off track?

They’re part of the same team.
I’d say a pitch is your introduction, and the proposal is your plan.

In a pitch you don’t give everything away, you want to give enough to grab their attention and get that call back. Afterwhich you deliver your proposal. You go into the maths behind your idea, they would most likely provide further insight on their side, their objectives and expectations.

A proposal is usually the results of a pitch. It’s the “okay, here’s how everything’s going to go down” and it should happen when you’ve got an understanding that this relationship is going forward.

Nowadays, elements of a proposal can be found in pitches, because the reality is no-one has the time for the back-and-forth’ing. We want all the cards on the table and we want to make an informed choice. So you could also call a pitch a “lite” proposal.

Additionally, you can also use pitches to test the water. So you’d say “hey I have this idea” and you leave the “how it’s going down” aspect out. If you get a favourable response, then you follow up with your proposal.

1 Like

Ok So many gems! and my mindset has completely shifted when it comes to pitching

I also recently got a worked with brand leading with the fact that not many Muslims are featured on there site and that got me the deal! Alhamdullilah.

1 Like

Love this. I hope you’ll be sending many more pitches in the near future.

1 Like
}, "modifiers": { "serialize_topic_excerpts": true