Episode 02: Getting to know the founder

Hey Andies,
Episode 02 is liveeee :tada:
In this episode, I talk about the importance of understanding the person behind the business (YOU!).

You are the biggest variable in your business, all plans, ideas, strategies, content plans and more rely on you. They rely on your consistency, your perseverance, your skillset and your problem-solving capabilities.

Assuming you were hiring for your role in the business, would you place such huge responsibilities in the hands of someone incapable of achieving them, overly sensitive or even quick to react? I’d hope not.

This is why it’s important to really know yourself and put measures in place that work well against your weaknesses and harness your strengths.

Have a listen and let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Feel free to comment your strengths and weaknesses too. Let’s brainstorm some tips and tricks to position you better as the founder behind your business.

Please note:

This is a private podcast, exclusive to “All-Access” + “ANDie TLC” community members. A portion of the podcast is free to listen to for all listeners.
If you’d like to become a member and access to the full episode click here

• non-members can listen to the episode here.
  • ANDies (members) can listen via your private RSS feed, which you can find here.

Feedback

Please let me know on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being poor and 5 being great how well this content performed within the specified categories below.

Relevance (to your needs/interests)

0 voters

Information (how informative was the post)

0 voters

Would you recommend this post to a friend?
  • No
  • Yes

0 voters

1 Like

Thank you! This was so needed. I see you sited the example about me lol Honestly that whole experience was horrible and really opened my eyes. Not everyone should actually go into business.

I’ve actually realized that with my personality Instagram is not good for me. I’ve started looking into alternatives platforms and found Pinterest is where I need to be. It’s a gold mine and your content last so much longer, compared to Instagram where a post lifespan is about 24hours or less crazy! I am also loving ticktok honestly creating videos does not take long at all. I currently digging into Pinterest and figuring out how I can leverage the platform better.

I actually think Instagram is evil lol it’s all about look at me, see me and that mindset is terrible for your mentality.

Yup I saw your post and marked that person off as never getting my business. Shameful behaviour.

Yes, I’m so glad you’re moving to Pinterest - your business objectives line up well with the purpose of the platform. I can also think of several TikTok formats that would work for you. e.g before and after style posts; like the jump in place fashion transition format where you go from fabric to outfit.

Regarding Pinterest, have a think about why the platform was made? This will point you in the right direction. Your posts should match the intentions of the Pinterest founders, because the algorithm they’ve built aim to serve these Pinterest objectives.

If you still need a few pointers let me know, but working it out for yourself will help develop ideas more in tune with your own personality and desires.

Listened to this twice. I like to think people struggle with personalising their work i.e separating their emotions from their businesses. One of my biggest lessons from this community is to TREAT YOUR BUSINESS LIKE A REAL BUSINESS. When you move mad, your business looks like its moving mad.

2 Likes

Yes!! Especially if it’s tied in with your personal story! A faceless brand can move mad, but a brand with a clearly identifiable and accessible owner needs to behave and remain consistent.

2 Likes

Yes. With big brands they don’t say “Costco is moving mad.” But when a small business moves sideways on social , they drag the owner and the business.

2 Likes