Bio templates to help tell your brand story

I got my hands on this great resource from Hubspot, it’s filled with several templates to help you put together a great bio.

Here’s the bullet summary and a few examples:

1. Don’t limit yourself to one bio.
  2. Explain how you got to where you are.
  3. Give away something personal.
  4. Ask a coworker or manager for input.
  5. Don’t start from scratch.
  6. Focus on action verbs.

Examples:

1. With an extensive background in ____, I am an expert on ____ and ____. This work led me to my current role at [Company] where I am responsible for ____, ____, and ____. Some of my current projects include ____ and ____.

2. My name is [NAME] and I’m a [Job Title] at [Company] based in [Location]. By day, you can find me ____, ____, or ____. By night, I’m typically ____ or ____. Follow along on Twitter: @YourHandleHere.

3. [NAME] began his/her career with [COMPANY], gaining unparalleled experience in the ____ space, while also establishing himself/herself as a respected ____. Currently working as a [JOB TITLE] for [COMPANY], [NAME] is widely known for his/her ____, ____, and ____ expertise. While his/her speaking engagements have taken him/her around the world, [NAME] is proud to call [LOCATION] home.

4. From ____ and ____ to ____ and ____, I’ve developed a deep understanding of ____ over my [Number] years in the ____ industry.
    As a ____ professional, I take pride in ____ and thrive on ____. I enjoy working in a ____ environment, as it allows me to ____, ____, and ____.
    Currently, I work as a [Job Title] at [Company], where I am focused on ____ and ____. During my time at [Company], I have helped the [Your Department] team ____ and ____, while maintaining ____ and ____.

Click here to get your hands on a copy.
Enjoyy

~end~

Feedback

Please let me know on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being poor and 5 being great, how well this content performed within the specified categories below.

This information will be helpful in providing content tailored to your needs and interests.

Thank you.

Relevance (to your needs/interests)

0 voters

Information (how informative was the post)

0 voters

Would you recommend this post to a friend?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

(Sign Up, Like and) Share

Easily share this post to Twitter and Facebook using the share button (which you can also find under topic controls if you’re on mobile) :two_hearts:

1 Like

Hubspot has the best free resources! Found this very helpful.

I noticed that several use ‘I’ instead of 3rd person pronouns. Is there more of a learning towards that for our bios, @Nim. Or is it a matter of where it’ll be displayed?